Three arrested Wednesday for home and vehicle burglaries

wednesdayarrests

The Auburn Police Division arrested three men Wednesday on charges of breaking and entering a motor vehicle and third-degree burglary, police said Thursday.

Police arrested Jarontavious M. Griffin, 19, from Lannett, and Ja'Namar D. Lanier, 25, from Auburn, on warrants charging them with third-degree burglary. Lanier was charged with additional counts of burglary, first-degree theft of property, second-degree theft of property and attempting to elude a police officer.

Griffin and Lanier were arrested after an investigation into a burglary report at a residence in the 400 block of North College Street. Officers were given a description that matched them. Griffin was taken into custody during a traffic stop, and Lanier was arrested after fleeing on foot at a residence.

Officers also arrested Rodney O. Finley Jr., 20, from Auburn, on a felony warrant for breaking and entering a motor vehicle. The charges were related to a vehicle burglary in the 200 block of Tichenor Avenue.

Police arrested Finley after he was found and identified near the burglary. He matched the description of the suspect seen rummaging inside a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze.

Finley's arrest was not related to the arrest of Griffin and Lanier.

Finley and Griffin are being held on a $3,000 bond at the Lee County Jail. Lanier is being held on a $20,250 bond.