Tigers take series from Presbyterian

The Tiger baseball team got back on track on Sunday afternoon as they shutout Presbyterian 8-0. Davis Daniel earned his first career win and posted career-bests with six innings pitched and eight strikeouts on the day.

“You look tough when you execute a lot, and Davis Daniel did that on the mound for us,” Auburn head coach Butch Thompson said. “He really allowed us to kind of keep chipping away offensively. By far, the coolest temperatures that we’ve played in this year and I thought the guys responded very well.”

Daniel pitched into the sixth inning, and gave up only three hits on a career-best 92 pitches to improve to 1-0 o the season.

Presbyterian committed errors on the day, and Auburn capitalized, taking an early 2-0 lead. In the fourth, Josh Anthony was hit by a pitch with the bases loaded for a 3-0 advantage for Auburn.

The Tiger offense then scored on three consecutive RBI singles by Bowen McGuffin, Will Holland and Jonah Todd. Todd reached base four times with three walks.

Auburn added two more runs in the eighth as Jay Estes came around to score on another error and Conor Davis doubled home Blake Logan.

Daniel Robert was also brilliant for the Tigers, and singled in the third inning to extend his reached-base streak to 32 games dating back to 2016.

Auburn is in action on Tuesday when it hosts UAB at Plainsman Park. First pitch is set for 3 p.m. CST. p.m. CST.

Share and discuss “Tigers take series from Presbyterian” on social media.