Former Auburn football player's father will speak on his son's life and the decisions he made

Executive Director of the Lutzie 43 Foundation and father of a former Auburn football player Mike Lutzenkirchen will be coming to Auburn and presenting his 43 Lessons to Legacy Talks sponsored by the Cary Center.

Lutzenkirchen will hold two different lectures on Wednesday, Feb. 7 with the first at 9 a.m. at the Lee-Scott Academy and the second at 4 p.m. at the Hotel at Auburn and Dixon Conference Center.

The Lutzie 43 Foundation was established in 2014 shortly after the death of former Auburn football player Philip Lutzenkirchen. The objective of the Foundation is to pass on a number of Philip’s characteristics in terms of community service, leadership and service to others.

The foundation is an Alabama Non-Profit Corporation and 501(c)3 entity aimed to develop the character of young people and their influencers focusing on leadership, charity, compassion, mentorship, hard work, honesty and faith through education and real-world application.

The foundation’s motto for young students and athletes is to “Live like Lutz, Love like Lutz and Learn from Lutz,” reflecting its desire to help others live out the many positive character-attributes Philip displayed, while learning from the circumstances that led to his death.

Due to a series of poor decisions leading to his death, the Lutzie 43 Foundation hopes through its mission and support programs others will know Philip's living legacy and learn from his death.

All funds the foundation receives are used to establish and support programs consistent with its mission.

Mike has spoken to over 250 schools, churches and other organizations on the importance of good character and decision making as he continues the discussion of Philip's life.

Share and discuss “Former Auburn football player's father will speak on his son's life and the decisions he made” on social media.