UPDATE: Severe weather forecast for Monday into Tuesday morning

The storms are now expected to impact the Auburn area between 9 p.m. on Monday and 2 a.m. on Tuesday

UPDATE: The Birmingham National Weather Service has released new graphics.

UPDATE: The expected timing of the storms has been adjusted. The storms are now expected to impact the Auburn area between 9 p.m. and 2 a.m.

The impacts to North and Central Alabama have also been upgraded from "enhanced" to "moderate." Tornadoes, damaging winds and hail are still possible for the Auburn area.

Severe weather is likely Monday for the Auburn area Monday evening.

Tornadoes, damaging winds up to 70 mph and tennis ball-sized hail are likely Monday, according to the Birmingham National Weather Service. The risk of heavy rain and severe thunderstorms is likely, the NWS said.

Auburn is included in an "enhanced" risk area, the NWS's third-highest threat level. Storms could impact the area beginning at 7 p.m. and could last until midnight, according to the NWS. The storms will begin moving across Alabama from west to east beginning in the late afternoon Monday.

The National Weather Service has advised residents to stay aware of severe weather conditions throughout the day Monday. The University will open storm shelters if a tornado watch is issued in the Auburn area.

Share and discuss “UPDATE: Severe weather forecast for Monday into Tuesday morning” on social media.