Rewinding what Gus Malzahn said about Auburn's final day of fall camp

<p>Jarrett Stidham (8). Auburn football practice on Saturday, Aug. 18, 2018 in Auburn, Ala |&nbsp;Todd Van Emst/AU Athletics </p>

Jarrett Stidham (8). Auburn football practice on Saturday, Aug. 18, 2018 in Auburn, Ala | Todd Van Emst/AU Athletics

That's a wrap on Auburn football's 2018 fall practices.

But before classes begin on campus tomorrow, head coach Gus Malzahn and select players will meet with the media. Follow along here for updates from The Plainsman.

• Focus of the last day was special situations (2-minute, etc.) At the very end, twos and threes scrimmaged.
  • Auburn will fully turn its attention towards Washington (Sept. 1) this coming week. 
  • At the scrimmage, Cord Sandberg got "the majority" of the work. Shaun Shivers "played bigger than he is." Reserve WR Griffin King also had a good day.
  • Malzahn says Auburn is getting "a little closer" to naming its starting offensive line. 
  • Malzahn says "for the most part," Auburn's freshman backs have taken care of the football. Both Asa Martin and JaTarvious Whitlow "have courage" in pass protection.
  • Harold Joiner has stood out in the last two scrimmages. Running backs coach Tim Horton said Thursday that the true freshman took Wildcat QB snaps in the team's second scrimmage.
  • Malzahn echoes Kodi Burns' words from Thursday on Auburn's freshman receivers: "You will see those guys on the field in some capacity."
  • Malik Miller's injury is a "soft tissue issue" and is nothing major.
  • Auburn hasn't made a call on starting punter. "We will be better at the punting game than we were last year, I can tell you that."
  • Malik Willis is the definite No. 2 quarterback. "He's definitely improved since A-Day."
  • Final remarks: "I feel very good about our team. I think the first three or four games will tell us a lot ... we've not had one bad day of fall camp. That's pretty rare. I feel good about where we're at 13 days away."

Nathan King | Sports Editor

Nathan King, senior in journalism with a minor in business, is The Plainsman's sports editor.

Share and discuss “Rewinding what Gus Malzahn said about Auburn's final day of fall camp” on social media.