Jordan-Hare improves guest security with texting service

Auburn University Athletics will be offering the service of GuestAssist at Jordan-Hare Stadium beginning this fall.

GuestAssist provides instant two-way, text message-based communication between ticket holders and event staff, allowing for improved management of safety, security and guest services.

"Text messaging is perfect for how loud our stadium stays," said Matt Rosenwald, senior in business management. "And by using text messages to summon security guards, offended fans don't have to confront fellow spectators who may react with verbal abuse or violence. They don't have to look obvious when looking for guards. This feature could bring more people to the games, because they know they'll be safe."

Each request is instantly routed to a Communications Center. Stadium personnel can monitor and respond to guest inquiries on a real-time basis and dispatch support, security or medical staff to the guest's location as needed.

"I think I would rather be sitting next to someone with a bad case of the crazies than someone who isn't into the game and worried about things getting too rowdy," said Sean Hall, junior in graphic design.

The number to text will be communicated to fans through signs in or around the stadium, public address announcements and other means.

"On football Saturdays, Jordan-Hare Stadium becomes Alabama's fifth-largest city," said Auburn Associate Athletic Director Jeff Steele. "Maintaining safety and security, and providing responsive customer service to Tiger fans is a priority for the University, and GuestAssist will improve our ability to do that efficiently and effectively."

Auburn is the first NCAA school to implement GuestAssist, which is currently used by a number of pro venues like Yankee Stadium, the Georgia Dome and Giants Stadium.

A single staff member can handle and respond to incoming requests through GuestAssist's customized software interface.

Operators receive a visual and audible alert of an inbound text message.

Then they can send reply messages directly to the fan's phone to answer questions or obtain more information, and, if necessary, can quickly dispatch security, medical or guest services staff to the appropriate location.

GuestAssist will also provide Auburn with post-event reporting and analysis of guests' concerns to help the team's front office improve staffing, fine-tune security procedures and better understand fans' common questions and further concerns.

Share and discuss “Jordan-Hare improves guest security with texting service” on social media.