Kudos Auburn Ticket Office, We Applaud Thee

For all the students who have reluctantly walked away from that nervous exchange of selling a football ticket to a stranger, wondering if the next Bursar Bill will be flooded with random charges, or if they'll even see that student ID again, worry no more!

Beginning with the 2009 season, student football tickets will no longer live inside your student ID, but will be stored in your Auburn Ignited card, and we're pretty thrilled with this decision.

Last fall's staff even wrote an editorial expressing its hope that football tickets would be transferred over to something different than our Tiger cards.

We believe it's a change that will make the inter-student ticket market a much more convenient business.

It's always a pain when you try to utilize one of many on-campus services that require the presentation of your student ID, only to realize you never got yours back from the person you sold it to for the weekend.

With football tickets being on Ignited cards, this is no longer a problem, and losing your Ignited card is certainly less severe than losing your student ID.

The fear of having someone drain the funds, whatever the amount, on your student ID over the weekend is also alleviated.

The only potential problem we can see with the change is even more-prolonged waits at the stadium gates since Ignited cards are typically scanned with handheld devices, rather than students swiping the card themselves.

Granted, this would only take a couple seconds longer per student, but that delay multiplied thousands and thousands of times could add up quickly; however, this is surely something that has been acknowledged and will be addressed before the first game.

And don't fret if you're not a member of Auburn Ignited. It's free to join, and students can pick their cards up beginning Aug. 3 at the Coliseum, where they'd have to pick up their away tickets anyway.

While it's a small change, we're pretty excited about it. Enjoy the stress-alleviated ticket market, and we'll see you at Jordan-Hare Sept. 5!

Share and discuss “Kudos Auburn Ticket Office, We Applaud Thee” on social media.