Music Lovers Weather Bonnaroo

Full days in the scorching sun, a dinner of crackers and Vienna sausages, dingy portable potties and crowds of sweaty people sporting paint instead of clothes.

Never before have I traveled to Bonnaroo, but from speaking with veterans, I know I will experience these things during my weekend in Manchester, Tenn.

But if my friends can conquer 'the 'Roo,' then I can too.

Yes, there are some unpleasant things about attending Bonnaroo, but as everyone says "it's just part of the experience," and so I keep telling myself that.

All in all, I expect a trip that will blow my mind, whether it's because I will be rocking out, or simply standing in awe, in front of some incredibly inspiring bands.

I will thrash wildly and maybe even forget who I am at The Mars Volta show.

I plan to cry and blow kisses at the funky David Byrne.

I'll probably jump and yell until I'm completely beat while the Yeah Yeah Yeahs rock out.

I'll dance and groove to Snoop Dogg, but no doubt dart if he looks my way, for although Snoop is talented, he's super scary.

This is just a sample of the amazing music that'll enter my ears and stay in my memory forever, and I can't entirely wrap my mind around the idea of hearing it all so live and raw.

One thing I'm particularly excited about is getting to watch everyone else groove.

Observing people, especially when they don't think anyone else is watching, has always been amusing to me.

Some may think this is creepy, but I just excuse it as part of my career as a journalist to observe and describe.

But back to my point: watching an audience during a concert is a whirlwind of fun, and I feel it proves the point that music is the greatest and most moving form of art.

Picture a bundle of people at an art gallery bouncing up and down and screaming in front of a painting they find beautiful.

That image is just silly.

Picture a man swaying back and forth wearing the face of his favorite author on a T-shirt while reading poetry.

A little extreme, huh?

I'm not saying these art forms aren't moving, because they are, but there is just something about the sound of music that makes everyone forget the world for an hour, share an understanding and dance on common ground.

So if you're heading to Bonnaroo this weekend maybe I'll see you there, but probably not.

My message to my fellow concert goers is to be safe, don't get arrested and, please, don't die.

Share and discuss “Music Lovers Weather Bonnaroo” on social media.