Auburn Ignited Cards Give Reward Opportunities to Fans

Athletic tickets will no longer be available on the Auburn TigerCard.

The Auburn University Athletics Department has released the new Auburn Ignited card to students for security purposes and to promote spirit points.

The Auburn Ignited Program has been on the Plains for three years and is used as a motivator to get students to attend as many sporting events as possible and to provide support for Auburn athletics. Students gain spirit points to earn prizes.

Beginning this 2009 school year, the athletic department initiated a program transfering the student athletic tickets to the Auburn Ignited card.

"The main reason for the card is for the security of the student," said Eli Wilkerson, athletic department administrator.

The TigerCard contains the meal plan, access to dorms and libraries, and would would cause security issues if stolen.

But if the Ignited card is lost, the only thing that the student would lose is tickets, Wilkerson said.

"I think it is a good idea, especially when you are selling it to some random person," said Melanie Hailey, a junior in biomedical sciences. "I personally wouldn't benefit from the spirit points that much, but it is a good motivator."

Spirit points are gained by attending regular season home athletic events and exhibition games immediately before the competitive schedule.

Points will not be available for football, golf, track and cross country events, according to the Auburn Ignited Web site.

"I think the Ignited card is pretty cool and having tickets on one card is convenient," said Elizabeth Howerton, a freshman in animal sciences. "It will also make it easier earning points with my sorority."

This year the points students earn by attending a participating sporting event will count toward priority seating for the 2010 football season.

The more events a student attends and the more points earned, the better the chances are of securing a seat in the Ignited Block Section at home football games for the 2010 season.

"With priority seating you will have a seat next to the band on the first four rows," Wilkerson said. "But you have to have football tickets."

Students must be present to pick up their Ignited card with a valid Auburn student ID. It will be valid for the duration of the student's enrollment.

"Freshmen and transfer students do not need to pick up a new card if they attended Camp War Eagle or orientation, but re-entries have to get the new card," Wilkerson said.

Distribution of the Ignited cards is on the second floor at the ticket office of Beard-Eaves Memorial Coliseum Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., or it can be obtained four hours prior to kickoff on game days.

The cost is $50 for a replacement card lost during football season and $100 for each additional card. In a non-football season the replacement cost is $25.

To obtain a replacement card, visit the coliseum ticket office located on the second floor during business hours. For more information or questions regarding Auburn Ignited, please contact the Auburn Athletics Ticket Office.

Share and discuss “Auburn Ignited Cards Give Reward Opportunities to Fans” on social media.