Auburn University Horseman Club Introduces New President

The Auburn University Horsemans Club (AUHC) has a new president who is looking to get the club more involved in on campus activities as well as give students the opportunity to assume leadership positions.

The club has been around for many years, but is not known to many students. Hayley Dickinson, AUHC president, wants to change that.

"I really saw a lot of potential in the club and knew that it could be a lot of fun," Hayley said.

Although the club is not new to Auburn, Dickinson plans to give the club a fresh new look and hopes to get many students excited.

AUHC offers a learning environment for those with no previous experience as well as activities to promote membership, bonding and development.

"You don't have to own your own horse, or even know much about them to join," Dickinson said. "We just share a love and interest for them. It's a way to get our members involved on campus with great leadership opportunities, friends and different activities."

Each month the club will have a service day such as volunteering at ranches, trail riding, supporting the equestrian team and facility tours, iinclude trail rides, roping lessons, horse rescues and touring horse related centers and facilities.

AUHC will meet the second and fourth of every month in Upchurch Hall Room 203 on Mell Street. Each week there will be a guest speaker who will be there to discuss wound care, cruelty, feeding, training and more. The club due is $15 for the whole year, which covers the club fee along with various activity costs.

AUHC will be on the Haley Concourse for SGA's ODAYS Sept. 2 and 3 for those who look to get more information.

Share and discuss “Auburn University Horseman Club Introduces New President” on social media.