Credit Needed for the Overachievers

Graduation is closer than I would like to accept.

In this period of denial, the 'hopeless' job search has begun with the never-ending tweaking of resumes and cover letters.

I've been reflecting on the classes that I've taken to prepare me for the scary real world.

As a journalist, are those 30 extra elective hours required really going to help me land that first job?

I would complain about how much I hate history 1010, and that's why I've waited till now to take it, but those classes are needed to make us well-rounded.

Or something like that.

Class skipper, I am, I will admit, but my devotion is to another aspect I know will be beneficial to my career.

The best advantage this university has given me academically is working an internship into my curriculum.

But I also feel I wouldn't have succeeded without the experience I had with this 'extra-curricular' activity.

Gogue has a vision of wanting all students to study abroad or receive a touch of cultural influence before their diploma is handed over.

I couldn't agree more.

It's the external experiences in college that make students excel.

The wasted hours could go toward the activities that a large quantity of students devote their entire four years to instead of classes that will only exist on a transcript.

More classes should intertwine with the student projects and credit given to the workers.

The science labs have students who don't see the outside world just to have the chance to get into their professional schools.

The engineering school gives large grants to student projects for young minds to tinker.

A redesign and distribution of credit would be most beneficial for us and employers.

It drives students to work more for the application and not the theory.

It's just giving a little credit to the students that go above and beyond.

Not everything can be taught in a classroom.

Share and discuss “Credit Needed for the Overachievers” on social media.