Adams Credits Team, Fans for Success

Wide receiver Darvin Adams, just a sophomore, is already setting records within the Auburn football program as well as in the SEC.

According to ESPN, Adams is ranked second in the SEC in receiving yards, catching five passes for 73 yards and a touchdown in Auburn's victory against Ball State.

After the West Virginia game, Adams became Auburn's first player to catch three touchdown passes in a game since Alexander Wright in 1989.

Adams will not take all the credit for his success this season.

"It feels good to be the go to man, but all of that is not just me," Adams said. "First, I always thank God and after that the offensive linemen that are protecting Chris, and also I thank Chris because I have so much faith in him."

The connections between Adams and senior quarterback Chris Todd paid off with Adams' total of 22 receptions.

"Darvin has stepped up, the first part of the season he has done a great job and making some big plays," Todd said. "He has been someone we can count on and someone we are able to go to. He has also been very consistent this season."

Adams said he has to give a lot of credit to Auburn fans as well, because they are another element to help them win.

"Our fans are great support, without them we would not know what to do," Adams said.

Adams and Todd stay after practice to run routes and get timing down, Adams said.

"We stay in contact with each other," Adams said. "Chris is a great leader, and we are always on the same page."

Adams said he appreciates his relationship with assistant head coach Trooper Taylor. He not only fires up the receivers, but the whole team as well.

He said Taylor tells them to practice every day like it is a game, which helps Adams' talent.

"I just make sure to practice really hard everyday because there is always someone that is trying to work harder than you," Adams said. "So I need to better myself every day."

"He (Taylor) gets on you when you do bad, but he is really supportive when you do well," Adams said.

As a sophomore, Adams has many great opportunities coming his way with the eligibility of two more seasons.

He said in five years he hopes to be playing football for the NFL, and if not that, he would like to be coaching to just stay around the game of football.

Adams said he started playing football at the age of 7 in Canton, Miss. He graduated from Harrison High School, ranked No. 48 nationally as wide receiver by Rivals.com. He had 66 catches for 867 yards and 11 touchdowns as a senior.

Adams' top three choices for playing collegiate football were Auburn, LSU and Tennessee.

"I chose Auburn because it felt more like a family," Adams said.

Share and discuss “Adams Credits Team, Fans for Success” on social media.