We Have it Good at Auburn

Just last night, I went for a walk to Samford Hall with some friends later at night.

As we were taking pictures of one of my friends leaping over a sign and another one of my friends, I realized how nice I have it at this point in my life.

I feel lucky to be a student on this campus.

How many times in my life am I going to get free cotton candy and funnel cakes while playing on giant inflatables on a random Wednesday afternoon?

How many campuses have a tradition where you just walk around with the sole mission to greet people with a simple 'hey'?

Pointless?

Probably.

But, I promise you I will remember it and will be telling some colleague at some point at a later time in my life.

The surplus of traditions this school sets on us is overwhelming at first, but truly is an outlining feature keeping us united as the Auburn 'family.'

I had the pleasure of having lunch with the energetic Trooper Taylor earlier this week.

His life revolves around the idea and implication of family.

His only demand he had when looking for a house here was that it had to have a room big enough for his defensive line to come hang out.

And he has been instilling respect on and off the field with the team.

Notice how the guys hand the football to the refs now instead of tossing it?

I like knowing I support a football team that receives that kind of guidance.

I forget a lot about the comforting features of this school.

Just being able to lay on blankets all over campus to enjoy the outdoors gives us a step ahead than a lot of other college campuses.

I wouldn't really want to lay around in Tuscaloosa and 'enjoy' the atmosphere.

Getting on top of different buildings around campus at night to see the stars at night and do all that romantic crap.

But it's still cool even if you aren't going for gazing reasons.

Being able to walk around on campus late at night is something we take for granted here.

It definitely has to do with because the University is the town.

But it is refreshing to know that I can walk from the Student Center to my apartment after midnight without feeling like I need to look over my shoulder.

The pedestrian system around campus is more helpful than you would think.

The Tiger Transit also plays into this.

If you have ever been to UGA's campus, you would know what I am talking about.

You do have to look out for the bikers every now and then, but being able to walk to just about any class within 10 minutes is a positive aspect to Auburn.

Auburn has a lot of hidden treasures.

The trees beside the library are always good for a climb at any hour of the day.

The beach is one of the best places to hang out in the spring time with your friends.

Being able to park in that sketchy alley behind Moe's all day is always helpful on those 'running late' days.

Of course, the safety walks started by SGA across campus to anywhere you want to go is a nice way to spend your day.

It hits you at the most random times, but you will realize how great we have it here.

Share and discuss “We Have it Good at Auburn” on social media.