Auburn Signing Day 2010

Jawara White
Jawara White

National Signing Day: Updates Every Hour with 2010 Football Recruits

***** Shon Coleman

OL, 6-7, 285

Olive Branch, MS (Olive Branch HS)

High School Coach: Scott Samsel

HIGH SCHOOL: Ranked 22nd on the Riavls.com Rivals100 ... Third-rated offensive tackle and top-ranked player in Mississippi by Rivals.com ... No. 7-rated offensive tackle by Scout.com ... Ranked 31st among offensive tackles by ESPN.com/Scouts Inc. ... Ranked as the No. 11 player in Mississippi by SuperPrep ... No. 25-rated offensive guard/center by Tom Lemming on Maxpreps.com ... Named to the PrepStar Dream Team as the No. 116-ranked player in the nation ... First Team All-State member according to the Mississippi Association of Coaches ... Was a participant in the 2010 Army All-American Bowl ... Was a 2009 Alabama-Mississippi All-Star game participant ... No. 26 on the Mobile Press Register's Super Southeast 120 ... No. 1 on the 2010 Mississippi Press Fantastic 15.

*** Shaun Kitchens

WR, 6-3, 211

College Park, GA (Banneker HS)

High School Coach: Ed Gosa

HIGH SCHOOL: Ranked No. 98 in the ESPNU 150 ... No. 10 athlete by ESPN.com/Scouts Inc. ... No. 33-rated outside linebacker by Scout.com ... No. 48-rated athlete and No. 15 prospect in Alabama by Rivals.com ... No. 20-ranked outside linebacker by Tom Lemming on Maxpreps.com ... Ranked as the No. 42 player in Georgia by SuperPrep ... Named to the All-Southeast Region team by PrepStar ... As a senior, named second team Region 5-AAAA as a wide receiver ... As a junior, had 23 rushing attempts for 57 yards and two touchdowns, completed 5-of-11 passes for 229 yards and three touchdowns with only one interception and caught 16 passes for 289 yards and two TDs.

*** Demetruce McNeal

DB, 6-0, 176

College Park, GA (Banneker HS)

High School Coach: Ed Gosa

HIGH SCHOOL: Averaged nine tackles per game as a senior, had four forced fumbles and returned a fumble for a TD ... On offense, scored four touchdowns as a senior ... No. 57-rated safety and the No. 70 prospect in Georgia by Rivals.com ... No. 31-ranked safety by Scout.com ... Ranked 94th among safeties by ESPN.com/Scouts, Inc. ... Named to the PrepStar All-American team ... Ranked as the No. 63 player in Georgia by SuperPrep ... Selected to the 2009 4A All-State Team by the Georgia Sports Writers Association ... Had 104 tackles as a senior ... Two-time selection to the Region 5-AAAA First Team.

*** Cody Parkey

K, 6-2, 195

Jupiter, FL (Jupiter HS)

High School Coach: Charlie Persson

HIGH SCHOOL: No. 1-ranked kicker by ESPN.com/Scouts Inc. ... No. 2-ranked placekicker by Scout.com ... Ranked by Rivals.com as the No. 1 most accurate kicker and the No. 6 kicker overall ... Was a participant in the 2010 Under Armour All-American game ... Named to the PrepStar All-American team ... 2009 EA SPORTS Third-Team All-American ... Was 8-of-9 on PATs and 9-of-12 on FG attempts in his senior season including a long of 42 yards ... All of his missed field goal attempts came from at least 49 yards ... Kicked field goals of 51 and 43 yards during the Outback All-Star game in Palm Beach, Fla.

*** Ryan Smith

S, 6-2, 208

Cordova, AL (Cordova HS)

High School Coach: Scott Basden

HIGH SCHOOL: Ranked as the nation's No. 93 safety by Scout.com ... Ranked No. 170 nationally as an athlete by ESPN.com/Scouts, Inc. ... Ranked as the No. 27 player in Alabama by SuperPrep ... Named to the Class 3A All-State First Team as a senior and junior by the Alabama Sports Writers Association, and earned 3A Back of the Year honors as a senior ... Finished fourth in the Alabama Mr. Football voting as a senior ... Led Cordova to three straight appearances in state title game ... Rushed for 1,856 yards and 26 touchdowns as a senior ... As a junior, rushed for 1,376 yards and 19 touchdowns on just 175 attempts (7.9 ypc) while throwing for 1,274 yards and 20 scores ... Also had 70 tackles and six interceptions during junior season.

**** Jeffrey Whitaker

DT, 6-3, 295

Warner Robins, GA (Warner Robins HS)

High School Coach: Bryan Way

HIGH SCHOOL: No. 54-ranked player in the nation, No. 5-ranked defensive tackle and No. 5 player in Georgia by Rivals.com ... Rated as the No. 106 player in the nation, No. 11 among defensive tackles and No. 7 in Georgia by Scout.com ... Ranked as the nation's No. 17 defensive tackle by ESPN.com/Scouts, Inc. ... Ranked No. 27 among defensive linemen and the No. 9 player in Georgia by SuperPrep ... Named to the PrepStar All-American team ... No. 4 on the Atlanta Journal Constitution's Top 50 ... No. 31 on the Mobile Press Register's Super Southeast 120 ... 2010 U.S. Army All-American Bowl participant ... Selected to play in the Georgia North-South All-Star game ... As a senior, had 38 tackles including 11 tackles for loss and two sacks ... Registered 40 tackles and 15 tackles for loss as a junior ... In his sophomore season, totaled 50 tackles and one sack.

*** Jawara White

LB, 6-2, 235

Troy, AL (Charles Henderson HS)

High School Coach: Hugh Fountain

HIGH SCHOOL: Ranked as the No. 17 outside linebacker by ESPN.com/Scouts Inc. ... No. 23-rated outside linebacker and the No. 14 player in Alabama by Rivals.com ... No. 30-ranked outside linebacker by Scout.com ... Ranked as the No. 15 player in Alabama by SuperPrep ... Named to the All-Southeast Region team by PrepStar ... Was a 2009 Alabama-Mississippi All-Star game participant ... Was an honorable mention selection to the 2008 5A Alabama Sports Writers Association All-State Team ... Ranked No. 9 on the Mobile Press Register's 2009 Elite 18 ... No. 10 on the Birmingham News' list of the Alabama Super Seniors ... No. 118 on the Mobile Press Register's Super Southeast 120 ... No. 19 on the Birmingham News' list of the Alabama Super Seniors ... Finished his senior season with 67 tackles, 17 tackles for loss, one interception and returned a fumble for a touchdown ... Also rushed for three touchdowns and had two receiving scores.

Current Signees:

Kenneth Carter

Ed Christian

Steven Clark

Shon Colman

Jessel Curry

Roszell Gayden

Antonio Goodwin

Shaun Kitchens

Eric Mack

Demetruce McNeal

Jonathan Mincy

Brandon Mosley

Cameron Newton

Cody Parkey

Ladarius Phillips

Jeremy Richardson

Craig Sanders

Ryan Smith

Jeffrey Whitaker

Jawara White

Biographies provided by the Auburn Athletics Department

Share and discuss “Auburn Signing Day 2010” on social media.