OUR VIEW: All Done In The Name Of Fun, Laughs

In spirit of April Fools Day, we decided to run a special edition with satirical articles applicable to each section. Only the pages labeled with a specific parody banner have fictitious news and features on them. Articles that have actual people quoted in them have a disclaimer at the end explaining the quotes are made-up in good humor.

No one was quoted to be seen in a bad light. This was all done in good humor and for fun. This is a holiday to poke fun at people and ideas. It was a chance for the more comedic writers on staff to have fun. A wide variety of topics were picked that we felt were both humorous and relevant to our readers.

We tried to cover the latest fashion trends, SGA, politics, Aubie, campus issues, campus events and a few random topics. One of my personal favorites would be President Gogue turning into a rocker. If you have ever had the delight and honor of spending any time with Gogue, then the thought of him jamming out is quite a thought. He is such a classy, put-together man. (I'm sure he has his hidden stash of guitars.)

Another favorite is Gov. Riley banning nursing home bingo. If you have kept up with Riley's actions on gambling, then a step like this wouldn't be of any surprise to you. You can't miss out on the war between SGA presidents Sasser and Watkins. The photos are priceless. They were both good participants in the idea and execution of the article.

I like Sasser the more I learn about him. I hope his eccentric personality will shine some positive light on the student body with his positive actions.

The swipe at the Nike shorts/leggings fashion trend is all in good fun, but, ladies, let's think about how we are dressing before we leave our homes in the morning. That satire was meant to entertain and inform.

I admit our guest commentaries from Admiral Ackbar and the Reverend Falwell might seem odd and out of place, but sometimes it's just best to let the "Ministry of Opinions" do what it does. Cliff and Ben find the content funny, even if the rest of us don't get the joke. These days, the world is a place that needs a bit of humor and laughter.

We aren't exactly living in the happiest of times. Laughter and humor are powerful healing salves for damaged and weary souls. We certainly aren't guaranteeing each of you will find all of the content funny, but we hope we've been able to provide a good chuckle or two.

We all had fun writing these for you and producing a lighter edition for our readers. I hope you enjoy the content.

Happy April Fools Day!

Share and discuss “OUR VIEW: All Done In The Name Of Fun, Laughs” on social media.