Bradley Byrne Advances to Republican Runoff Election

The Associated Press reported Bradley Byrne will be in the runoff election for the Republican nomination for Alabama's governor.

"This has been an outstanding night for many reasons," Byrne said to his supporters during a press conference. "It's been your time, it's been your resources, it's been your talents that have put us where we are and we are deeply grateful for doing what you've done."

"Today should give us all hope that we are the threshold of the new Alabama," Byrne said. "Today, thanks to you, we've taken the first step in moving Alabama forward."

He said he's running for governor to discuss real solutions and reforms the state needs.

During the speech, he discussed what he labeled as the "Three E's." These are education, the economy and ethics.

Byrne explained since starting the campaign, they've had to add a fourth "E": the environment. This is a result of the recent BP oil spill crisis. He said he will hold BP accountable for the oil spill.

Byrne continued, "Our vision is a vision forward--always looking ahead and never looking backward."

"I promise you that over the next six weeks our campaign will work harder than ever and together we will win the Republican nomination on July the 13th."

It has yet to be determined whether Byrne will face Dr. Robert Bentley or Tim James in the runoff.

Share and discuss “Bradley Byrne Advances to Republican Runoff Election” on social media.