Angelina Jolie is Worth Her Salt

Team Anniston, it might finally be time to give Angie a break. Forget about the commercials and trailers you've seen for Salt. They don't do it justice.

Angelina Jolie gave a spectacular performance as Evelyn Salt, a CIA officer who is accused of being a Russian spy. Her superiors are persuaded by a defector to believe she is going to kill the Russian president days later at the American vice president's funeral.

Interesting character choice for an ambassador for the UN...

Salt eludes her captors in order to find her husband because when spies are discovered, their families are in danger too. Upon realizing he's not at their apartment, she grabs a few essentials and escapes just before her superiors break into the apartment.

And the chase begins.

This action thriller will keep you guessing throughout the whole movie. While that may be one of the most overused cliches in regards to movies, in this case it's true. Just when you think you've got it figured out, it twists and turns in unexpected ways.

Since the movie follows Salt, it makes the viewer root for her even though it isn't clear which side she's actually on.

Though the basic plot of the movie may be something everyone has seen before, the movie itself was well executed and will hold your interest for the entire hour and 39 minutes.

Interestingly enough, Salt premiered only one month after 11 alleged Russian spies were arrested in the United States, making the basic plot that much more relevant.

According to filmcritic.com, the part of Salt was originally written for a man -- Tom Cruise to be exact. Casting Jolie truly made the movie. No other woman in Hollywood could have pulled it off.

Both the acting and the stunts were convincing, which comes as no surprise considering Jolie's past films. What's more, she did almost all of her own stunts.

One of the coolest things about the film is the ending. The ending was a perfect setup for a sequel, but at the same time stands as a strong ending on its own.

By the end of the movie, it still isn't clear whether Salt is good or bad.

The deeper theme of the movie is about choosing between what's right and wrong, and how far you're willing to go following what you're told to do without thinking for yourself. It's about being your own person and not letting your past define you.

Go see this movie. Both guys and girls are sure to enjoy it.

Though the Russian spy theme has been done many times before, this one is done well. Granted, it may not be the most realistic movie, but it is definitely entertaining.

Share and discuss “Angelina Jolie is Worth Her Salt” on social media.