Total Eclipse of the Bad Movie

Twilight fans all over the world gave a sigh of relief when they saw the newest movie release, "Eclipse," was finally everything the commercials said it would be. "Eclipse" is Stephenie Meyer's proof the third time is the charm.

The last two Twilight movies maintained a strong fan base despite low budgeting and some glaring differences from the book series, but "Eclipse" was a pleasant surprise in comparison.

"Eclipse's" plotline stayed true to the book covering even the smallest of details down to the tense, witty banter between Edward Cullen and Jacob, and the flashbacks into Rosalie and Jasper's mortal lives.

The main plot involves the Cullen family and Jacob's wolf pack fighting an army of newborn vampires who are mysteriously after Bella.

However, the subplot is what every fan is really interested in: the love triangle between Jacob, Edward and Bella.

At times, the tension between the three lovers is enough to make the audience feel awkward. Hey, it's not every day a wolf and a vampire fight over a girl they would like to date, not eat.

Team Jacob, have no fear. Taylor Lautner is shirtless for most of the movie and even manages to one-up Edward a few times in his quest for Bella.

The special effects in "Eclipse" put those in "Twilight" and "New Moon" to shame, and the sweeping views of the wilderness around Forks, Wash., are breathtaking.

The movie is fast-paced in contrast to the books, leaving the audience wondering whether the story took place over a year, several months or possibly even only a few weeks.

A negative result of the movie's speedy pace is the viewer catches only a glimpse of Leah and Seth Clearwater, who have big roles in the books "Eclipse" and "Breaking Dawn."

Edward still remains quieter and less impressive than the books boast of him, but producers did a better job making him seem wise and contemplative in "Eclipse," instead of awkwardly silent.

A fair warning: about 15 minutes of the movie contains various couples making out, with Bella and Edward in the lead, so anyone with a weak stomach for PDA should consider the consequences before buying their tickets.

Bella hits a couple milestones in her life throughout the movie, graduation from high school being one of them. These milestones are fleeting, as most of the movie revolves around the preparation to duel dangerous vampires and Bella's uncertainty over her feelings for Jacob and Edward.

Of course, some things never change. Edward sparkling in the sunlight, those 10-second too long make-out sessions that Bella and Edward share and the amber-colored eyes every girl in America wishes her boyfriend had.

Overall, "Eclipse" is a fun movie to watch with your mom, your sister or your girlfriends when you're in the mood for action, fantasy, shirtless boys and, of course, the trials and tribulations of teenage love.

Share and discuss “Total Eclipse of the Bad Movie” on social media.