Parking services has new location along with new operations

Auburn parking services is now located at 330 Lem Morrison Drive, on the second level of the new parking deck. The trailer behind Allison Physics Labs on Duncan Drive will no longer be used by parking services.

"The trailer was not a permanent or professional facility," said David George, director of parking and transit services. "Campus planning made the move, working for quite a while to move parking services."

Everything has been moved out of the temporary trailer and into the new facility. Employees are still reconnecting phone lines and making sure students and faculty will be serviced properly with little confusion.

The majority of students are not aware of the relocation that has taken place.

Stephen Wilson, senior in software engineering, and Cory Spradlin, senior in human resources, were not aware that parking services was in the new parking deck.

"I had no clue. I park there, which is interesting," said Wilson, who parks in the parking deck to co-op for the Office of Information Technology.

The new location will be more suitable for students, making it easier for them to come and take care of parking needs in a physical building.

On the ground floor of the parking deck, just below the office, there will be a drive-thru for guests to obtain visitor passes. Students and faculty will not be allowed to obtain these passes, but family members and any other guests will be provided with parking.

Along with relocation being new, other operations carried out by parking services will be different this coming fall semester.

George said that the distribution of parking tags will be completely changed in order to cut down on the madness that it creates every year. There will no longer be enormous lines in the Colosseum to obtain parking tags.

C zone tags will be mailed out to all who have registered for one, and R zone for the dormitories will be handed out during move in. These steps have been taken to make parking more efficient for everyone on campus.

Payment of parking citations along with any additional questions can be addressed by employees at the new office on the south side of campus.

Share and discuss “Parking services has new location along with new operations” on social media.