Who is WarBlogle?

You may love him or hate him, but chances are you've retweeted him.

Warblogle.com has boomed in the Southeast in the last year, but the question remains of who the WarBlogler actually is?

As his site becomes more popular, the WarBlogler, who lives outside of Birmingham, said his identity being a mystery only increased his popularity.

"From the beginning, I never meant for it to be that way," the 'Blogler said. "If you look back in the long post, my name might be in there.

"It's like people wanted to see what my next tweet was to see where I was," the WarBlogler said. "I thought that was hilarious because I never meant for it to be that way. It's like I tweet, if you come to my tailgate or whatever, I have no problem meeting you. I'm not going to hide my face or anything like that."

The Opelika native, who majored in computer science, said he and a fellow high school and Auburn classmate founded the site in 2007. After initially posting an entry once per week, the 'Blogler said the site was not updated for close to a year before he took it over for himself in 2008.

"I guess I posted almost every day in the '08 season and the '09 season and really only got one or two views a day, which was probably my mom or something," the WarBlogler said. "But in the 2010 season, things really picked up. People started reading more because people were more interested in Auburn that season."

The WarBlogler said one of his most popular posts during the season was the picture of a blue Auburn helmet, which was released the week of the Clemson game.

"Someone sent me that picture on a Wednesday night, and I posted it and it was just a picture," the WarBlogler said. "And it just blew up. It's the weird, small, funny stuff that just falls in your lap that gets big."

He said things like that and pictures of Cam Newton's Halloween costume increased the blog's views.

"All the fun stuff is what really pulls people in, and that's what I really like to focus on," the 'Blogler said. "I enjoy picking games and talking about stats, but when it comes down to it, the entertainment factor is what people really want, and that's kind of what I've tried to harp on recently at least."

Like most successful bloggers, the 'Blogler said he's seen his share of hate. He said he doesn't care when Alabama's fans dislike him, though, because that's what they're supposed to do.

"It does kind of bother me when Auburn fans don't like me," the WarBlogler said. "It seems like some people come after me over a guy with the same opinion because he's only got 10 followers. But I've kind of been hardened to it by now."

Despite the criticism, the 'Blogler has shown how far he's made it by branching out to ESPN and the radio.

As Twitter followers already know, he was invited to the ESPYs and was behind the scenes at ESPN College Gameday in Tuscaloosa for the LSU game.

The WarBlogler said one of his followers asked if he was going to the ESPYs, which he replied to while mentioning Keri Potts, ESPN public relations executive. After Potts' replied and called the next day, the 'Blogler said he was headed to Los Angeles for the award show.

"She said she didn't want a beat reporter," the 'Blogler said. "She said she didn't want someone who was used to following the team around. She wanted someone who has an actual opinion."

The 2004 Auburn graduate said he was invited to GameDay by Potts, as well.

"I didn't really want to go to Tuscaloosa, but if I could be on the GameDay set that would be pretty cool," the 'Blogler said.

As the WarBlogler continues to gain popularity, whether good or bad, he said he's interested in combining his blog entries with vlog entries.

"I wanted to make it kind of like a WarBlogle reality show type thing," he said. "When people see I'm a real person and have a wife and a kid it adds to the appeal.

The WarBlogler occasionally mentions his wife (@BeautifulBlogle) and son (@BabyBlogle) in tweets to create an inside look at the 'Blogle house.

"In one of my vlogs I think it just came out and I said BeautifulBlogle just came out of my head," the Blogler said. "And BabyBlogle was simple to come up with after that."

He said whenever he tweets pictures of BabyBlogle, female followers seem to notice.

"I'll get 30 more followers, and they're all girls thinking he's a cute baby," WarBlogle said.

Considering the followers he's gained since the addition of his family, the WarBlogler said the next addition to his site may be a podcast, which he wanted to do this year, but never got around to.

"I've toyed with the idea of adding a podcast to the site," the 'Blogler said. "Now that recently I've been going on a few more radio shows, I really like just being able to talk. That would be the next few things I want to do."

Now with just less than 14,000 followers on Twitter, the 'Blogler and Warblogle.com have become common sources for Auburn fans to get novelty information about the Tigers.

"I know I do have a decent amount of followers, but I don't think I'm there yet," the 'Blogler said. "But I would like to be an Auburn celebrity and all Auburn fans know about my site. I would say the players are more celebrities and personalities than me."

While things are almost promised to get sticky with the Iron Bowl approaching, the 'Blogler said there is one thing he's always wanted to tell readers, but has never had a chance.

"A lot of times my sarcasm doesn't come through on Twitter," the WarBlogler said. "I would just like for people to understand if I'm ever being stupid, I'm usually more than likely being funny and it's not coming across that way, or I'm not doing a good job of making sure you know it's funny."

Share and discuss “Who is WarBlogle?” on social media.