Pure Barre Auburn tones the town into shape through dance

With spring break around the corner, the pressure to get in shape has people flocking to the gym in order to shed unwanted poundage from the holidays and get a head start on new bikini bods.

But let's face it; sticking to the elliptical, treadmill or any other mundane, stationary machine can get incredibly boring after a while.

Luckily, there are other ways to achieve a great figure without getting terribly bored along the way. Exercise classes like Zumba, spinning and yoga have become increasingly popular because of their ability to burn calories through fun and new methods that challenge bodies and whip people into shape.

The talk of the town here in Auburn lately has been all about Pure Barre classes.

Pure Barre is a class that utilizes a ballet barre to target specific muscles and help with movement. According to it's website, Pure Barre "is the fastest, most effective, yet safest way to change your body. Students see results in just 10 classes."

The website goes on to say, "Using small isometric movements at the ballet barre set to motivating music, Pure Barre lifts your seat, tones your thighs, abs and arms and burns fat in record breaking time."

Pamela Sanasith, one of the head instructors who is currently attending Auburn University to study health promotion, gives her input on the effective and unique method of Pure Barre.

"It's a total body workout that really targets women's primary areas- so it focuses on the areas most women struggle with," Sanasith said. "It just makes you feel good. After you leave you just feel strong and a little bit tighter and more toned. It gives you time to just think about yourself for even 55 minutes and leave everything at the door- when you come in here you just kind of focus on yourself."

Pure Barre has a staff of young women who encourage every individual to do whatever they can to the best of their ability.

With an incredibly friendly and open environment, every person is treated with the utmost respect, while simultaneously learning and understanding new specific techniques of the class.

Auburn graduate Kelly Shumann started and co-owns Pure Barre's Auburn location with her sister Courtney.

"We just decided that Auburn needed a fitness motif like Pure Barre- there's nothing here that really targets those muscles as quickly as Pure Barre does," Shumann said. "And it's fun. It's really all about connecting with the client. We've really gotten to know so many people from the community. For us it's just about getting to know everybody who comes in the door."

The class also keeps a constant, upbeat atmosphere with fast-paced, popular music playing throughout the 55 minute timespan, making it even more unique and fun to be a part of. It is also likely that around 500 calories are burned per class.

Pure Barre is $20 a class and also offers various monthly packages for students. For those who just want to try it out, every first class is free.

Share and discuss “Pure Barre Auburn tones the town into shape through dance” on social media.