Toomer's souvenirs to benefit student scholarships

Toomer's souvenirs will be available for purchase this upcoming summer and fall semesters. (Raye May / PHOTO EDITOR)

Toomer's oaks souvenirs will be available for purchase this summer or next fall.
The University does not know what those products will be yet, but commemorative T-shirts and necklaces are on sale now.
The University is also working with licensed manufacturers to help create wood pieces from the oaks.
"The trees are still up and we really have to see what the trees will look like to see what kind of products can be made from them," said Mike Clardy, director of university communication services. "We don't know in terms of what types of products will be available, but once we get the wood down and let the (tree slices) manufacturer see what they can do with it."
All royalties from the oaks items will go toward a scholarship fund for students.
"We're going to have a special hangtag that goes on every item," Clardy said. "The items that have that hangtag will be the authentic items. Fans should looks for that hangtag t make sure the proceeds go toward the scholarship fund."
The Auburn fans put their input into the item making process.
"People have asked and suggested things and certainly we have taken those suggestions and seen if we could match what they're looking for with the manufacturing who creates things like that," Clardy said. "We've taken that feedback and tried to make things that they would be interested in purchasing."
Items made from the oaks and other commemorative items will be available in bookstores in Auburn as well as other stores around the state and beyond.
"The oaks are special," Clardy said. "The trees are special to the Auburn Family. We've already had significant amount of requests and questions about them, so I expect that the items that are created would sell very quickly."

Share and discuss “Toomer's souvenirs to benefit student scholarships” on social media.