Auburn football coaches' salaries revealed

Head football coach Gus Malzahn will be making $2.3 million a year, excluding incentives until at least 2017, according to his new contract.
Along with the $2.3 million Auburn University will be paying the head football coach, it will pay defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson $800,000 annually through June 2016, and defensive line/recruiting coordinator Rodney Garner $500,000 a year until June 2016.
While Johnson and Garner are the highest paid assistant coaches, cornerbacks coach Charlie Harbison is not far behind. His contract states he will earn $425,000 each year until at least the end of June, 2015.
Both Rhett Lashlee, the offensive coordinator, and quarterbacks coach/co-offensive coordinator Dameyune Craig will earn $250,000 annually through at least the end of June 2015 and 2016, respectively.
J.B. Grimes, the offensive line coach, will take home $270,000 a year through June 2015, and both running backs coach Tim Horton and tight ends/special teams coach Scott Fountain will make $250,000 annually through June 2015.
Along with his lucrative salary, Malzahn will have bonus incentives should he do particularly well during a season.
If his Tigers win 10 games he will make $75,000 extra, and every win after that will earn the coach an extra $25,000.
If the Auburn football team plays in the SEC Championship, Malzahn will bag $100,000 and if they win he takes $150,000.
That $150,000 is the same amount he will win if his Tigers lose the BCS Championship, but $500,000 will be deposited into his checking account should the football team emerge victorious in the BCS Championship game.
Malzahn will earn $100,000 for earning an at-large BCS bowl bid, taking a final ranking in the top 5 of the AP or coaches poll, earning SEC Coach of the Year from the AP or coaches survey and earning a National Coach of the Year award from the AP, Home Depot, Walter Camp Foundation, the AFCA or by winning the Bryant Award.
His buyout protection is $500,000 a year through the conclusion of his contract and his buyout fee is $500,000 for every year remaining on his contract, payable in two installments.

Share and discuss “Auburn football coaches' salaries revealed” on social media.