It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Since 1976, Steve Lang has a Christmas-themed light show at his home on Fontaine Drive.
However, recently the show moved locations because of Lang's inability to continue the show.
Now, in the show's second year, at National Village, from Nov. 29-Jan. 5, the lights display will be an annual fixture for years to come.
The display is open every night between 5-10 p.m. and free for all who want to attend.
In past years, there have been an estimated 30,000 viewers for any given year.
"I have been going to (the show) with my kids forever, and I wanted to see it continue," said Don Conner of Conner Brothers Construction Company.
Conner Brother's Construction Company is responsible for the development of both National Village and the light show.
With work for the show beginning in August, significant amount of effort is put into the re-creation of the show each year.
The show uses more than 185,000 lights on hundreds of handmade light fixtures for the synchronized display. A special function uses a radio station channel and repeats an 18-minute series of Auburn Christmas favorites that correlate with the light show.
"People can watch it from their cars and listen to the music or they can get out with their kids if it's a nice night and just sit and watch on the grass. Its pretty cool," Conner said.
The show continues to grow each year thanks to Conner and brothers.
"We are growing it each year," Conner said. "This year we are starting to convert lights to LED for more efficiency. (The show) is not Callaway Gardens yet, but we are going to continue to expand it."
While National Village will hold this year's show, it's not the main purpose. National Village is a living community.
On property are several amenities for homeowners to enjoy: boating and fishing, resort style pools, tennis facilities, nature trails and on top of that a membership to all three golf courses of the Robert Trent Jones Trail is also available.
Opelika's Mayor Gary Fuller and his family will be in attendance for the shows annual opening and said he encourages everyone else to come out for the show, according to National Villages's Facebook.

Share and discuss “It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas” on social media.