Qantum of Auburn presents bridal show featuring local vendors on Jan. 26

For the past 20 years, Qantum of Auburn has presented a unique bridal show for the city with the goal of helping a bride plan her special day while being there every step of the way down the aisle.
Qantum of Auburn is the local provider of radio stations, such as Mix 96.7 and The Bull 100.9.
The bridal show will be held at the Hotel at Auburn University, Jan. 26.
John Bodiford, market manager for Qantum, has been planning the annual event since 1996.
Throughout the years, the venues for the show have varied, but the show stayed the same.
"It's a one-stop shop for a bride," Bodiford said. "We have 35 vendors coming, and we're going to have a little bit of everything that a bride could want."
Vendors will include Arch Photography, Jim Massey, Joseph A. Bank, Dinner for Two and many more.
Tents and other special arrangements will also be on display.
When brides first arrive, they are pinned with a red ribbon to distinguish them as a bride-to-be. They will be able to peruse different vendors, and they will have the chance to compare prices and connect with the company they want to help with their special day.
"We want the brides to jive with the vendor they choose," Bodiford said. "It's gonna be a lot of fun, kind of crowded, and brides are going to be able to find prices a lot cheaper this way."
Vendors will also be giving away thousands of prizes, varying from a one-night stay in a hotel to a dinner for two.
Hilary Mills is an on-air talent with Qantum of Auburn and was recently married on Dec. 28 at Moore's Mill Country Club.
"I went to the bridal show last year after I got engaged," Mills said. "It was great because you actually get to meet the vendors and see their portfolios. You don't know what all you need until you get there."
Mills said the show plants a good seed for brides and helps them plan their wedding in just one afternoon.
Along with the vendors and the food provided, there will also be a fashion show courtesy of Joseph A. Banks.
Brides and guests will be able to see the newest wedding dresses and formal wear they could feature in their own weddings.
"A mother from Birmingham called me up after the show last year and could not believe how much they saved on her daughter's wedding," Bodiford said. "She said it was the best thing she had ever seen and the show was a must for all brides. I love getting calls like that."
Brides of all ages are welcome to come, as well as their families.
"It's just a really fun experience," Mills said. "It gives you so many ideas you would never even think of."
The show takes place Sunday, Jan. 26, from 1-5 p.m.
Tickets cost $15 at the door, and the prizes are drawn during the last hour of the show.

Share and discuss “Qantum of Auburn presents bridal show featuring local vendors on Jan. 26” on social media.