Auburn City Council approves Uncle Maddio's Pizza Joint

The Auburn City Council helped another restaurant rise with the approval of a liquor license for upcoming Uncle Maddio's Pizza Joint.
Uncle Maddio's joins many other chain restaurants that have recently settled in Auburn. The restaurant describes itself as "a traditional pizza joint where classic meets contemporary, and friends meet friends."
The restaurant requests a liquor license and will mainly sell beer and wine at the new location. According to city manager, Charlie Duggan,the restaurant will be in the new CVS shopping center, on South College.
"We've heard the new CVS is doing very well," Mayor Bill Ham said. "It is in walking distance from campus so I believe the new pizza restaurant will also do well."
According to councilmember Brent Beard, the actual owner of the restaurant must be investigated before approval of a liquor license.
"Sometimes when a restaurant is seeking approval of a license we run into a problem," Duggan said. "In the last few years two or three business owners have violated the law in some way and we cannot grant them a permit."
The application for the liquor license has Michael Dichiara as the main contact person. According to Duggan, the license will be handed over quickly and in time for the grand opening of the restaurant.
"Just like Jim 'N Nick's, I believe Uncle Maddio's Pizza joint will be a great new addition to the city of Auburn," Councilmember Gene Dulaney said.
Other news from City Council: Councilmember Dick Phelan and Robin Kelley spoke about a possible raise for Mayor Bill Ham. The council cited his current salary to be around 16,000. Auburn Communication announced the beginning of campaign week Wednesday, Feb. 5, through Tuesday, Feb. 11.
The repainting of the downtown Tiger Paw will be rescheduled later in February due to cold weather. The Public Works Design and Construction manual was amended.
The Water Resource Management and Design and Construction Manual was also amended. The Council approved the Public Works Department request to purchase one 2014 Ford F-150 Crew Cab Truck.
The cost is $48,503.24 and will be purchased from Stivers Ford Lincoln.
Councilmember Arthur Dowdell was approved a cash advance to travel to the National League of Cities Congressional Cities Conference March 8 - 12. The trip is $1,215.

Share and discuss “Auburn City Council approves Uncle Maddio's Pizza Joint” on social media.