Foodie Corner: Conecuh sausage, shrimp and quinoa casserole

Recipe and directions for Conecuh sausage, shrimp and quinoa casserole

I'm an adventurous chef, but I like to stick to a recipe. I'm not great at just throwing things together from memory or imagination.
That's why I love Pinterest. I spend the majority of my free time browsing the "Food and Drinks" category for anything that catches my eye, whether it's homemade sushi, frozen Greek yogurt or a variety of desserts that utilize the phenomenon that is dark chocolate.
However, I recently found a recipe that blew my taste buds out of the water. Its name intimidated me at first, but I decided to brave the task and try it out for my boyfriend's birthday dinner.
This Cajun Conecuh Sausage, shrimp and quinoa casserole was dynamite and easy to make, and I can't wait to make it again. I got it from a blog called This Gal Cooks, and the original recipe doesn't call for Conecuh sausage, but, hey, what's a Cajun meal without Conecuh sausage?
Plus, it's one of my boyfriend's favorite foods, and it transformed the flavors of this dish. Anyone with an appreciation for Cajun cuisine and healthy-spins on meals will love this recipe as much as I do.
Also, if you're not fan of quinoa, you can sub the quinoa with brown rice.

Nutritional content: Calorie content for 4 large (approximately 1.5 C) servings is around 410 calories per serving. For 6 (approximately 1 C) small servings, the calorie count is about 270 calories per serving.

Ingredients:

• \0xBE lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined

• 1/2-1 pound Hickory Smoked Conecuh sausage

• 4 medium tomatoes, cut into chunks

• 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped

• \0xBD C chopped sweet onion

• 2 cloves of garlic, minced

• 1 tbsp tomato paste

• 3 tbsp olive oil

• 2\0xBD tsp cajun seasoning

• Salt and pepper to taste

• 2\0xBD C cooked quinoa

• 1 C shredded fontina cheese

• Fresh cilantro for garnish

Steps:

Share and discuss “Foodie Corner: Conecuh sausage, shrimp and quinoa casserole” on social media.