Updated: Post-Rodeo car accident victim now in stable condition

The 22-year old Auburn woman who was injured in the car wreck following the Alpha Psi Rodeo has been identified as Jessica Santa-Cruz.
The previous report stated that Santa-Cruz was a student, but Auburn Police Chief Paul Register has said that she is no longer a student, but lives in Auburn.
Santa-Cruz is still being treated at Midtown Medical Center in Columbus and is listed in stable condition.
Amanda Cyr, a junior at Auburn, was also involved in the accident and sustained multiple injuries. She was released from the hospital on Sunday.

______________________________________________________________

A 22-year-old Auburn student is listed in serious condition at Columbus Regional Medical after she was involved in a post-Rodeo car accident on Saturday night.

The injured student, whose name has not been released, was riding in the truck bed of 25-year-old Jonathan Blain Giles, of Summerdale, Ala. According to Auburn PD, Giles was driving his 2005 Chevy Silverado on South College Street near I-85 when he struck a 2007 Ford F-350 from behind at approximately 10:58 p.m.

The injured student was airlifted to Columbus Regional Medical and Giles was arrested and charged with Driving Under the Influence.

No other injuries were listed.

The accident remains under investigation and police say additional charges are still possible.

Share and discuss “Updated: Post-Rodeo car accident victim now in stable condition” on social media.