Basketball finishes off recruiting class with Lang commit

McGill-Toolen's T.J. Lang soars for a dunk in the MLK Viking Classic in Birmingham, Alabama. Saturday, Jan. 18, 2014. (Dennis Victory/preps@al.com)

The Auburn Tigers basketball team snagged it's third commitment today, when three-star T.J. Lang of McGill-Toolen High School in Mobile announced his commitment to Auburn via Twitter.
The 6'6 small forward was signed by Virginia Tech, but decommitted after Virginia Tech fired coach James Johnson.
Lang is the third commitment in the Tigers recruiting class, joining New Mexico State transfer K.C. Ross-Miller and Cinmeon Bowers, a 6'7 power forward from Chipola (Florida) College.
Signing Lang is another step in reversing the Auburn basketball team's recent struggles, even though Bruce Pearl still hasn't met any of the three recruits due to the NCAA's Show-Cause Penalty that expires in August.
Lang isn't the first in his family to play college ball, as his father Antonio Lang had a very successful career at Duke, winning the national championship in 1991 and 1992 before having a brief stint in the NBA.

Share and discuss “Basketball finishes off recruiting class with Lang commit” on social media.