Five unanswered runs doom Auburn baseball in rainy Kentucky

Damek Tomscha knocks in a RBI single against Missouri on March 29. (Contributed by Zach Bland)

The Auburn baseball team fell to the Kentucky Wildcats in a rainy duel in Lexington, Ky. Friday 6-3.
The Wildcats struck first, taking a 1-0 lead in the bottom of the second inning.
The Tigers (26-24, 9-16 SEC) got on the board in the fourth inning when Damek Tomscha scored Damon Haecker, leveling the score at 1-1. Auburn took the lead 3-1 in the sixth inning when Ryan Tella blasted a two-run double.
Kentucky wasted no time responding to Auburn's runs, blasting a homerun in the bottom of the sixth to bring the Wildcats within one run.
Kentucky took a 4-3 lead in the seventh inning, and then the Wildcats wrapped up their scoring with a two-run hit to stretch the lead to 6-3.
The rain began after the seventh in Lexington, delaying the game for some time, but the Tigers could never muster the offense required to win the game.
The Tigers will face the Wildcats in the second game of the series tomorrow in Lexington at 6 p.m.

Share and discuss “Five unanswered runs doom Auburn baseball in rainy Kentucky” on social media.