Local businesses plan events geared toward girls' night out

Girls' night out specials are held at clothing, jewelry and paint stores around town. (Raye May | Photo Editor)

Anyone looking for a girls' night out in Auburn is in a good place to find it.
Many businesses around Auburn have started the popular trend of hosting special events geared toward women seeking a relaxing, fun night out with their friends.
Monkee's clothing boutique hosted a fashion, facials and cocktails event this week where women could come and shop, enjoy refreshments and walk away with a free mini facial kit from Rodan and Fields after their store purchases.
"We've carried some of their products in the past just sort of as a supplement to our clothing," said Caroline Campbell, store manager for Monkee's.
Rodan and Fields sent five consultants to give mini facials and consultations on what products may be appropriate for different skin types.
"It's fun because there's a lot of the same demographics and clientele, that they like to take care of themselves, they like nice clothing and so it's fun to kind of pair up," said Ali Wilson, executive level five consultant for Rodan and Fields.
Campbell said this is the first time Monkee's has paired with Rodan and Fields. Other places in Auburn are following the trend, such as Perch Jewelry Studio.
Perch hosts an event once per month, usually Friday, where customers can come make their own jewelry and enjoy wine and cupcakes.
"It's just like a relaxing and creative environment to sit and make a piece of jewelry and enjoy cupcakes and wine and other people," said Barbara Birdsong, owner of Perch. "We're located near Amsterdam there's a lot of people waiting to get a table, so it's kind of a nice thing for people to be able to come in and enjoy wine and look at jewelry and relax while they're waiting on their table."
Ladies that are looking for a more artistic night out on the town can find that at Spirited Art, where customers are allowed to bring their own beverages to the painting class.
"Girls bring their wine and we teach them how to paint," said Vincent Canivez, owner of Spirited Art. They have a painting class scheduled every night, but most of their business is geared toward girls' nights out.
"Anybody can sign up, and if you want to have a group of girls, you can book a private party," Canivez said. "They can bring snacks, but a lot of people actually go to Momma G's in the shopping center because it's right next door, so you can always go in and get some nachos or sandwiches and bring it back into the studio."
For customers who bring their own drinks and snacks, Spirited Art has a refrigerator.
The pricing for girls' night out events is regularly $35 per person, but Canivez said they have specials occasionally.
Canivez said the best part about their studio is customers can surprise themselves with their creativity.
"You have fun and you come home with a good painting," Canivez said.
Whether it's painting, jewelry making or skin care, Auburn ladies have options when searching for something new to do for a girls' night out on the town.

Share and discuss “Local businesses plan events geared toward girls' night out” on social media.