SGA confirms six freshmen senators

The Student Government Associations Oct. 13 meeting was a short one, with the only thing on the agenda being the confirmation of six freshmen senators.
Last week, the code of laws saw a change when John LeMaster, a senator for the college of engineering, and Caroline Beauchine, a senator for the college of liberal arts presented an amendment to chapter 300 of the code of laws. Now, chapter 300 of the code of laws allows the Vice President of SGA to choose the senators and deal with issues pertaining to them.
The six freshmen senators confirmed at the nights meeting were Ashley Archer, Hannah Clarke, Jacqueline Keck, Taylor Johnston, Brock Hendon, and David Facteau.
Facteau, a freshman in psychology, said he is looking forward to being involved in an organization that has the power to help out students where they need it.
"I'm looking forward to being involved in something that directly impacts students," Facteau said "So like being able to deal with funding and being able to pass laws that allow us to see changes on campus that we know will effect a lot of people is what I am really looking forward to the rest of the school year."
In the meetings he has sat in on, Facteau said the experience has been enjoyable as he has learned a lot about what goes on behind the scenes at Auburn, something he had wondered about prior to attending the university.
"I love the structure of all of this," Facteau said. "You know, before coming to Auburn I didn't know how allocation of funding works and now coming here I see how all of it works and how structured it is and how seriously it is taken. It's really cool to see."
In other SGA news, Senator Dillon Nettles, a senior in political science, spoke of his upcoming bill which would create a Diversity Learning Community.
Nettles bill will come to the floor next week.

Share and discuss “SGA confirms six freshmen senators” on social media.