Auburn Equestrian team falls to Georgia 13-6

It was a tough day for the 4th ranked Auburn equestrian team, as they lost 13-6 to the 6th ranked Georgia Bulldogs on Friday at the UGA Equestrian Complex.
"We didn't ride well enough to win and couple that with mistakes, it was a bad day for us," head coach Greg Williams said. "Georgia did ride really well the whole time, so it was a deserving win for them. We need to drill hard and get ready to pick up some wins on the west coast."
In Equitation over Fences, junior Elizabeth Benson remained undefeated and improved to 4-0 on the season as she defeated Kylee Arbuckle, 80-76. Sophomore Ashley Foster won against Megan Southam 82-74 and then earned her second win over Southam in Equitation on the Flat, 84-73.
Auburn was nearly shut out in Horsemanship, as junior Griffin Knight gained the Tigers' only point in by beating Sara Parr, 74-73.5. Knight also defeated Charley Thiel in Reining, 65.5-64, while junior Hailey Munger earned Reining MOP honors following her 69-67.5 victory over Lindey Cheek.
The Tigers fall to 2-2 (1-2 SEC) on the season with the loss. They will have a chance to bounce back when they return to action on Friday, Nov. 21, as they take on the Fresno State Bulldogs, in Fresno, California.

Share and discuss “Auburn Equestrian team falls to Georgia 13-6” on social media.