UPDATED: Auburn beats Samford 31-7 on Senior Day

Samford's Robert Clark #85 tackled by Auburn's Johnathan Ford #23 in the first half. Samford vs Auburn at Auburn, AL on Nov 22, 2014. (Emily Enfinger | Assistant Photo Editor)\0x200B

Auburn's offense took control after a sloppy first quarter to win 31-7 over Samford on Senior Night.
"I'm really happy for our seniors," head coach Gus Malzahn said. "This senior class is a very special group. They've been phenomenal for our program, not just as players but as individuals."
Senior Cameron Artis-Payne led the way for the offense, where he rushed for 129 yards and a touchdown in his last game playing in Jordan-Hare Stadium. Artis-Payne also became only the fifth Auburn player to rush for at least 1,400 yards in a season, joining the company of Bo Jackson, Rudi Johnson, Tre Mason and Cam Newton.
"It was the last time playing in Jordan-Hare so it was really emotional," Artis-Payne said. "I wasn't apart of their recruiting class and when I got here they treated me like family. The Auburn Family is really not something we just say, it's real. I appreciate and love all (the seniors) just like they're my brothers, so it's hard to see this thing coming to an end."
Auburn's offense picked up where they left off with their struggles last game against Georgia, with only 33 yards of total offense in the first quarter.
Samford took advantage of Auburn's penalties and lack of offense on their way to taking the 7-0 lead. This was the fourth consecutive game Auburn had at least seven penalties. Samford got on the board first after a 15-yard pass interference penalty set up a seven-yard touchdown pass on the following play.
The offense and defense picked it up in the second quarter with 176 yards of total offense, while the defense held Samford's offense to only three yards for the rest of the half after their lone touchdown.
Auburn's first scoring drive was three plays for 73 yards, which included a 49-yard pass from Nick Marshall to Sammie Coates and a 23-yard touchdown run by Quan Bray.
Bray is the first ever Auburn player to have a receiving, rushing and return touchdown in one season.
The Tigers' last offensive drive of the half was good for 68 yards in five plays, capped off by a Cameron Artis-Payne seven-yard touchdown run.
Another senior opened up the second half with a touchdown as Corey Grant scored on a 13-yard reception to make it 24-7 with 8:36 left in the third quarter.
After Kris Frost's first career interception, Roc Thomas scored a one-yard touchdown to make it 31-7 and then Jonathon Mincy sealed the victory with an interception with 6:10 remaining on his Senior Night.
"Everything has really flown by," Mincy said. "All I can take with me now is my memories and things I'll never forget from playing on this team."
The seniors are looking forward to creating another memory while playing in their last Iron Bowl this Saturday, Nov. 29, at 6:45 p.m. in Tuscaloosa.
"We know it's going to be a hard-fought battle, it's the Iron Bowl," Bray said.

Share and discuss “UPDATED: Auburn beats Samford 31-7 on Senior Day” on social media.