UPDATED: Tornado Watch for Lee County canceled

Updated Dec. 23 9:50 p.m.: The National Weather Service has canceled the Tornado Warning for Lee County.
A Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until 6 a.m. Dec. 24.
_________________________________________
Updated Dec. 23, 3 p.m.: The National Weather Service has issued a Tornado Watch for most of central and east Alabama, including Lee County, until 11 p.m.
According to the weather service, conditions are favorable for the development of tornadoes and severe thunderstorms.
The current forecast from the weather service includes the chance for severe weather for east Alabama until midnight.
Severe storms and flooding are possible, as severe weather will move through the Auburn area Tuesday, Dec. 23.
The National Weather Service issued a flash flood watch for Lee County Monday afternoon, Dec. 22, as rain began to move into the Auburn area. The watch expires at 6 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 24.
"Average rainfall amounts of 2 to 3 inches are expected Tuesday through early Wednesday morning," the weather service said in the flash flood watch bulletin. "Localized higher amounts of up to 4 inches cannot be ruled out from thunderstorms moving repeatedly over the same areas."
The weather service said in a hazardous weather outlook the greatest threat from the weather will be large amounts of rain, but an isolated tornado or severe thunderstorm cannot be ruled out.
According to the weather service, the greatest chance for severe weather will be from 1 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 23, to 3 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 24.
This story will be updated as more develops.

Share and discuss “UPDATED: Tornado Watch for Lee County canceled” on social media.