Multi family housing project removed from Planning Commission agenda

The Auburn Planning Commission met Thursday, Feb. 12, at 5 p.m. to discuss changes to the Auburn area.
Among the new proposals a review of the proposed site for a new Auburn Highs School was presented.
The new location, at 1701 East Samford Ave. will comprise 101 acres and will have three entrances including, East Samford, East University and Glenn.
The campus will include a new fine arts building, various sports and practice fields, as well a main academic building surrounded by open courtyards.
Parker Lewis, representatives for the owners as well as the Auburn City Schools, said the academic building will be three floors, including an underground basement for weather emergencies.
A motion to allow the project was passed.
Among the school improvement proposals, the commission also passed the expansion of Lee-Scott Academy, located at 1601 Academy Drive.
Additional projects included the relocation of T.R presented by Mulford Waldrop on behalf of MJW Real Estate, LLC.
Located on 615 Opelika Road, the commission voted to keep the item on the table for the March 2015 meeting in the hopes of further reviewing the proposed plan.
The Agenda was to include the discussion of a new multi family housing facility called Spring Lake, however the project was removed.
"I'm not sure why the project was removed," said Mayor Bill Ham. "Perhaps the owners wanted more time to present a building plan."
No more information was given, and the Spring Lake complex is not on the agenda for next month.

Share and discuss “Multi family housing project removed from Planning Commission agenda” on social media.