Road woes continue, Tigers blown out by Florida

false

Cinmeon Bowers goes up for a shot against West Alabama earlier in the season. (File photo)

Nothing would fall. That was the story for Auburn basketball in Gainesville Jan. 15.
Coming off a home victory against Missouri, the Tigers were flat all night against Florida, losing by a final of 75-55.
Auburn shot 33 percent from the field and went six of 18 from three-point land.
The leading scorer for the Tigers was Antoine Mason, who had 13. Only one other Tiger, Cinmeon Bowers, scored in the double digits with 11. Bowers also had 11 rebounds, giving him his 10th double-double on the year.
The Gators shot 47 percent from the field and added seven three-pointers of their own, led by Dorian Finney-Smith, who had two threes and 14 total points.
The Tigers turned the ball over 13 times and forced the Gators into nine. Florida turned those Auburn turnovers into 16 points.
Late in the second half, the Tigers cut the lead to 10 at 63-53, but the comeback effort flamed out as quickly as it sparked.
The loss drops the Tigers to 9-7 overall and gives them a 1-2 mark in the SEC, with both losses coming on the road.
Next up for Pearl and his team is a Saturday, Jan. 17, matchup against South Carolina. That game will tipoff at 7:30 p.m. and will be broadcast on the SEC Network.

Share and discuss “Road woes continue, Tigers blown out by Florida” on social media.