Auburn Bike Bash coming April 11

The City of Auburn and the Auburn Bicycle Committee will host the Auburn Bike Bash on Saturday, April 11, at Pick Elementary School.

The Bike Bash is in its 16th year, according to Allison Hall, community and special programs director for the Parks and Recreation department.

“The goal has always been to let the Auburn citizens know that there are a variety of biking options in the community,” Hall said. “They move the location of the event each year to highlight different areas of town so people can see how they can use the bike lanes, multi-use paths and streets in their area.”

There are three different distances offered to riders of all ages and skill levels. The 3-mile route, suggested for beginners, a 10-mile route for intermediate riders and a 20-mile route for intermediate and advanced riders, according to the Bike Bash registration form.

The riders will start and end their routes at Pick Elementary School, according to Hall. The routes vary for each distance, but take the participants throughout the city, the University and a variety of local Auburn neighborhoods.

“Our other main focus is bicycle safety and education,” Hall said. “There is always a helmet fitting for kids and bicycle inspections to make sure that your bike is ready to get out on the roadway.”

Registration for the event is available online, or can be mailed to the Parks and Recreation. Early bird registration ends April 4.

“I would just encourage people to come to the bike bash,” said Becky Richardson, director of the Parks and Recreation. “We’ve got something for everyone from college students to retirees. It really has a lot of things for families trying to promote people getting out and working with their kids learning to ride a bike.”

Share and discuss “Auburn Bike Bash coming April 11” on social media.