Construction outside Haley Center to repair window leaks

Many have seen the construction going on around the Haley Center and wondered what for. The construction is for the 5th-9th floors of the tower. 

Joe Ruscin, campus architect, said they are redoing the windows for the 5-9th floors. 

"We are redoing the caulking around the windows and resealing the glass in the frames, so that we can prevent window leaks that have been occurring," Ruscin said. 

Martha Koontz, the communications specialist with facilities management, said this will improve the Haley Center. 

"A few windows had leaks, and we don't want them doing any damage," Koontz said. "So these repairs ensure that we won't have this problem anymore."  

Ruscin said Haley Center would not close during this construction. 

"You will be able to go through all of the entrances, and everything is protected," Ruscin said. "We will not need to close the Haley Center." However, Ruscin said a small portion of the roof will be closed for a short time. 

"There are people that give tours of the eagles nest, and a portion of that actually will be closed for a couple of weeks. But other than that, everything remains open," Ruscin said. 

Jada Kohlmeier, associate professor of secondary social science education, also commented on the construction. 

"I can't speak for the other teachers, but it has not affected me or my job at all," Kohlmeier said. 

Leah Bostany, Camp War Eagle counselor, also spoke of the construction going on. 

"Them blocking off those windows for repairs means that we kind of have to take a detour, but otherwise it hasn't been a huge inconvenience," Bostany said.

Ruscin said that the construction on the Haley Center will be done by Aug. 14.

Share and discuss “Construction outside Haley Center to repair window leaks” on social media.