Verizon to host virtual career fair open to graduates

Verizon will host its first nationwide virtual career fair Thursday, July 23 from 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m. 

Verizon has targeted many colleges, including Auburn, to participate in the fair. There are more than 1,000 jobs available across the country in fields such as sales, customer service and tech support.

Chuck Hamby, director of corporate communications for Verizon, said applicants need to create an account with Verizon before July 23. Applicants can also link their LinkedIn profile to this account so recruiters can see their résumé and credentials. On July 23, applicants will login to their account and chat one-on-one with recruiters to find potential jobs.

"That's when they start the process," Hamby said.

Hamby said if there is a good fit, the application moves along to the second part of the process, which would be in the future.

He said the online job fair is more convenient for applicants and Verizon will use its own technology during the fair.

"You don't have to leave your house," Hamby said. "You can be in your pajamas."

Hamby said this gives potential employees the ability to look at jobs all over the country, instead of one area.

"Potential employees have told us they like this," Hamby said.

A passion for serving people is important for potential candidates to have, according to Hamby.

"The difference is how you treat people," Hamby said. "Nothing replaces being treated like you're valuable."

Hamby said he thinks virtual career fairs will become more mainstream in the future.

"I think you'll see more and more companies do this," Hamby said.

Share and discuss “Verizon to host virtual career fair open to graduates” on social media.