Maria McIlwain | News Editor

The Auburn Plainsman
Community

Second-graders say War Eagle from Chicago

Small children singing the fight song is not uncommon to most Auburn fans.  The singing children being from Chicago garners some attention, however. Quinlan Matthew's second grade class and Vanessa Goodar's special education class teamed up to give a presentation on Auburn that won Schmid Elementary School's college week competition.

The Auburn Plainsman
Campus

Taking the Auburn Family to another level

Many Auburn students have family ties to the university. However, the Ahmed family is deeply rooted in Auburn; with all four of them attending the university at the same time at one point, according to Nighet Ahmed, graduate student in adult education. Nighet said her family would run into each other on campus sometimes. "We would see each other on campus more than we would see each other at the house," Nighet said. Nighet homeschooled her sons, Azeem and Aleem Ahmed, and said she emphasized writing.

The Auburn Plainsman
Campus

UPDATE: Move-in dates quickly approaching

Fall semester is right around the corner, and with that comes on-campus moving. According to Kelsey Prather, communication and marketing specialist with Auxiliary Services, they will move in approximately 5,000 students over four days.  "[We] try and facilitate the parents, make them feel good about their kids moving in," Prather said.

The Auburn Plainsman
Campus

VCOM students excited to begin classes

A group of first-year students is coming to Auburn, anxiously awaiting their first day of class. However, these are not freshmen; they have in fact already graduated college. These students are the inaugural class of the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine, Auburn Campus, and they are set to begin classes Thursday, July 30. According to the VCOM website, doctors with degrees in osteopathic medicine often become primary care physicians in rural areas.

More articles »

More media »