New business ships Auburn care packages to fans near and far

There are several experiences in Auburn that for many are essential parts of the Auburn experience. Things such as Toomer’s lemonade or Mike and Ed’s barbecue are a rite of passage for any incoming Auburn student. For alumni, these encounters can bring back many memories from their time at Auburn. 

But many alumni have moved far away from Alabama and may not have the opportunity to visit and drink Toomer’s lemonade. A new service called Auburn in a Box is seeking to change that.

Auburn in a Box specializes in Auburn care packages that carry up to five items unique to Auburn. These items are picked by the customer, and then Auburn in a Box ships the products to them for free. As well as Toomer’s lemonade and Mike and Ed’s sauce, the service also ships things such as sorority buttons and Big Blue Bagel chips. 

Chase Roberson, who founded Auburn in a Box, said he was inspired by the family nature of the city. 

“One awesome thing about Auburn is every time you revisit this town you feel right back at home, even if you have been away for years," Roberson said. "I wanted to provide a service that allows you to get a taste of Auburn no matter where you are.” 

Roberson first got the idea for the packages when seeing a blog about a similar product in a different city. 

"I did some searching and realized that Auburn did not have anything like this and decided that I wanted to be the one to start it," Roberson said.

Roberson said the products in the box have been well-received.

“We have received an awesome response from our fans," Roberson said. "People love when a little taste of Auburn comes to their doorsteps. We have received great reviews on all the boxes that we have sent out.” 

Heather Henslee, whose husband received his master’s degree from Auburn, saw Auburn in a Box on Facebook. She decided to purchase a package for her and her husband’s second anniversary.

“I placed a last-minute order, and the gentleman I worked with was very responsive and made every effort to make my husband’s gift special,” Henslee said.

Though companies have reached out to work with Auburn in a Box, some have not been made aware of the business’s inclusion of their products. Michael Overstreet, manager at Toomer’s Drugs, said he was unaware that Auburn in a Box was shipping the store’s lemonade. 

"I've never heard of that," Overstreet said. "If he is buying our lemonade he hasn't discussed shipping it with us. I will have to check that out." 

Overstreet saod shipping Toomer's Lemonade across state lines is in fact illegal, though sources at the United States Postal Service assert this is not an issue as long as the lemonade is properly sealed. 

Roberson plans on branching out his business by offering international shipping and by supporting the community.

"On a more personal note, I am excited about donating to and partnering with local ministries in the area to be able to give back to the community," Roberson said.

Share and discuss “New business ships Auburn care packages to fans near and far” on social media.