Pieology brings new business to Auburn

Pieology Pizzeria recently opened its doors on Toomer's Corner.

Located in the building formerly occupied by The Bank Vault, the new restaurant is predicted to bring in plenty of business to downtown Auburn.

Shift leader Jordan Stephney said the chain chose Auburn because of the growing population.

"We want to put Pieology where people will definitely eat it," said Stephney. "And we know they're going to eat it here."

Stephney said the chain chose Toomer's Corner specifically because of the history. She said the corner is close to campus, and is right in the center of the buzz of downtown, making it perfectly placed for business.

Stephney said the restaurant will bring cheer to Toomer's Corner.

"It's an aid to the vibrancy of the corner," said Stone Ray, freshman in architecture.

According to Ray, Pieology will add to the new-urbanism style that downtown Auburn is slowly leaning toward.

Ray said the building is old, and was designed before cars to be a walkable place, therefore making it urban. 

Stephney said she expects business to be steady, mostly serving college students. 

She also expects Pieology will take some business from other competing pizza restaurants in the area with their outstanding customer service and low prices.

"I want customers to feel like they just walked into their family's house," Stephney said.

Ray said any business filling the space of the Bank Vault, whether it's a restaurant, bar or store, will be doing the corner more justice than nothing.

"The glory of urbanism is that businesses change," Ray said.

Share and discuss “Pieology brings new business to Auburn” on social media.