City of Auburn and Auburn City Schools earn high rankings

The City of Auburn was ranked by CollegeValuesOnline.com as No. 12 out of the 50 best small college towns, while Auburn City Schools was ranked fifth out of 131 public school districts in Alabama, as well as 181st out of 10,488 national districts.

“Auburn University is a great educational institution and a great partner with the City of Auburn in many aspects from community entertainment to economic development,” said David Dorton, director of public affairs for the City of Auburn.

Ward 5 Councilwoman Lynda Tremaine said people love the atmosphere of Auburn, and the town is a vital part of that.

According to Tremaine, former principal at Wrights Mill Road Elementary School, the downtown atmosphere sells the University and the small town charm. She said the City Council has been discussing the future of Auburn for a while, and many citizens are trying to preserve the small-town feel.

Tremaine said while Auburn needs to grow, it also needs to maintain its small-town quality.

The small-town feel of Auburn, Tremaine said, comes from a combination of things, including the history and age of Toomer’s Corner. Students and alumni visit Auburn often to relive memories made at Toomer’s Corner.

The other thing that adds to the charm is the friendliness of the residents. Tremaine said citizens of Auburn are outgoing and friendly at all times.

She also said Auburn is well known for its spirit.

“Everything that is out there about Auburn shines a very positive light,” Tremaine said.

Tremaine said Auburn is always progressive and achieves many goals because the bar is always being raised.

“The strength of education locally and everything that comes with quality schools and a major university is among the reasons so many people find Auburn to be a great place to live,” Dorton said.

Share and discuss “City of Auburn and Auburn City Schools earn high rankings ” on social media.