Congressman Mike Rogers runs for re-election to U.S. House of Representatives

Congressman Mike Rogers knew since he was an early teenager he wanted to be involved in politics.

He started off by getting involved in campaigns such as those of President Richard Nixon and others.

To act on his ambitions, Rogers received an undergraduate degree in political science and a master’s degree in public administration, both from Jacksonville State University. He then attended the Birmingham School of Law.

Rogers said his education helped qualify him for future positions in government. 

He first dipped his toes into politics when he ran for county commission in Calhoun County, becoming the youngest member of the commission and the first Republican, according to his website. 

To continue working his way up, he became a state representative for eight years before he ran for the U.S. House of Representatives.

After serving 14 years as the U.S. representative for Alabama’s 3rd Congressional District, he is now up for re-election.

Besides ample experience, Rogers said he has obtained seniority, which is crucial in Congress. 

He said he has more power and influence than ever before, and it is in the district’s best interest to re-elect him into office.

Serving on the Committee on Armed Services and the Committee on Homeland Security, Rogers said the Armed Services takes up most of his time. 

Serving as a subcommittee chairman, he said this task is the most demanding and has prepared him for a variety of policies.

Rogers said one of the most important issues people face is the repercussions from the Great Recession. 

Because of this, he said the military was severely cut, causing the U.S. to face more safety issues.

According to Rogers, the military cannot be cut anymore because it is at its weakest, and especially because of recent threats of attacks such as the terrorist attacks in Paris and California. 

Rogers said it will be his first priority to rebuild the military. 

He will spend more time and resources on the military than in the past to ensure safety.

Share and discuss “Congressman Mike Rogers runs for re-election to U.S. House of Representatives ” on social media.