Spring Fashion Issue: Ways men can shop for affordable apparel

College guys seem to be split on whether they care about what they wear. Regardless of stance, some tips on fashion both the eyes and wallet will love are worthwhile. A key shopper’s adage is to buy clothes, shoes and accessories on sale.

Matthew Derr, senior in aerospace engineering, said he was impressed with the quality of the clothes at Target, where he can get “really good [jeans] for $30–40 or so.”

Many stores offer end-of-season sales. Clothing seasons end one or two months before the real seasons do, so check for sales on spring clothes once spring has already begun. A holiday will also lead to sale prices. Macy’s — not in the area, but online shopping is popular — is known for stellar sales. Levi’s brand jeans, highly praised by Andrew Laing, junior in industrial design, are on sale at Macy’s. The sale is buy one, get the second pair 50 percent off until Monday, March 14.

Micah Gamache, graduate environmental design student, said Express is also a place to check out deals on basic, well-made clothes. Their entire sale section is sometimes buy one get one half-off.

Gamache also said he searches online. Jack Threads is an online style helper and store tailored specifically to help men look their best. The clothes come from popular brands: OBEY, Stance, HUF and Vans are all featured on the site. Many, but not all, items on Jack Threads are offered at lower prices than elsewhere, but the sale alerts that come in emails are what really count.

Recently, bottoms were on sale for 30 percent off. To make the deal sweeter, your first purchase is 20 percent off. 

Share and discuss “Spring Fashion Issue: Ways men can shop for affordable apparel” on social media.