Rachel Williams | Intrigue Writer

The Auburn Plainsman
News

Is that yours?

Would you dare sell lemonade and label it “Toomer’s” if it wasn’t their special recipe? Of course not. That’s illegal. Would you copy parts of a project from the Internet or from a friend and turn them in as your own? You hopefully wouldn’t do that either. That’s plagiarism. While not illegal, forgetting to properly create your own ideas can lead to a nasty lesson in court if the habit ever gets entangled with real-world business and copyright law. Here’s a PSA: don’t take what’s not yours.

The Auburn Plainsman
Campus

Outdoor Guide: Get to know the student leaders of Auburn Outdoors

Auburn Outdoors, created in fall 2013 with the opening of the Recreation and Wellness Center, has passionate and inspiring student workers, and the best of the bunch take the extra step to become trip leaders. AO is an on-campus organization that organizes and provides outdoors trips for students. Trips can be weeklong or just day trips. The Plainsman met with four of the student leaders, getting to know more about the program, their skills and interests and the outdoors.

The Auburn Plainsman
Lifestyle

Can we use our athletic gear for good?

As a society and an institution, we create and consume a lot of waste by driving a linear product cycle instead of a loop. When new stuff arrives, the old set of uniforms or casual clothes is often banished to rest at the bottom of a closet or drawer despite still being in usable condition. Athletes I’ve talked to express a passion and recognition that their old clothes and bags could be put to a better use and are united in wishing donation was an option.

More articles »