Auburn to host annual 4th of July celebration

The City of Auburn will host its annual 4th of July Celebration on Monday to celebrate America's country's independence.

The free community event is sponsored by Briggs & Stratton Corporation and is open for all ages.

“For the last 16 years, Briggs & Stratton gas generously sponsored the fireworks celebration and provided attendees with free giveaways, such as frisbees, flags and glow-in-the-dark necklaces,” said Alison Hall, the community and specials program director in the Auburn Parks and Recreation Department.

Briggs & Stratton will also the night with live entertainment, activities and free goodies for the community members who choose to attend.

“I hope families, friends and neighbors will all bring their blankets, lawn chairs and picnic baskets and enjoy an evening under the stars while listening to great music and finishing the night with a spectacular firework display,” Hall said. “This is a great chance for people for relax, spend time together and celebrate our nation's history and independence.”

Reuben’s Bell, an Atlanta-based rock band, will be this year’s musical entertainment at the event.

“We are very excited to be coming to Auburn to play,” Daniels said. “Auburn has been a wonderful home away from home.”

According to the band's website, Reuben's Bell is a southern rock band with a modern twist that draws from an endless array of musical tastes and styles while signifying a strong sense of family, community, musicianship and tradition.

“Be prepared for a lot of fun music to dance to and reminisce on while we celebrate the 4th [of July],” said the band's lead singer Logan Daniels. “I hope to see smiles as bright as the fireworks.”

Gates open at 6 p.m., live entertainment starts at 7 p.m., and the firework display will begin at 9 p.m.

Parking will be available for the public off of East University Drive next to the old Duck Samford Fields.

Hall said she has always enjoyed this event because it is another chance for the community to come together and to celebrate together. 

Share and discuss “Auburn to host annual 4th of July celebration” on social media.