Conservative commentator Milo Yiannopoulos to speak on campus

Milo Yiannopoulos, technology editor at Breitbart News, is set to speak on campus in October as part of his “Dangerous F****t Tour,” according to the tour schedule.

The conservative commentator, who is known for making provocative statements, made headlines last month when he was permanently banned from Twitter.

He is accused of inciting racist and sexist harassment against “Ghostbusters” star Leslie Jones. Jones said the harrassment forced her to leave Twitter.

“People should be able to express diverse opinions and beliefs on Twitter,” a spokesperson for the social media site said to BuzzFeed News. “But no one deserves to be subjected to targeted abuse online, and our rules prohibit inciting or engaging in the targeted abuse or harassment of others.” 

The Aubrurn University College Republicans arranged the event.

“Our organization believes that American universities should be centers for debate, new ideas, and intellectual freedom,” College Republicans President Cole Davis said in a statement. “Unfortunately, modern academia has shifted from encouraging intellectual diversity to enforcing politically correct norms. To many, Milo has become the hero of the free speech and free thought movement that is circulating among young conservatives across the US.”

The event is set for 7 p.m. in Foy Auditorium on Friday, Oct. 7. 

Share and discuss “Conservative commentator Milo Yiannopoulos to speak on campus” on social media.