All twisted up: Braiding is back

Girls on campus seem to share the love for braided hair. 

This hair style can range from having pigtail braids, messy braids to the simple single-braid down the back. 

Braided hair is favorable mainly because it’s a functional and cute way to keep hair out of the face besides a run-of-the-mill ponytail or bun. Braids are easy to do when you are running out the door for class, they keep your hair in tact throughout the day and sleeping in braids gives you the "messy-braid" look that many strive for. 

Looking elegant with loose hair framing the face is a simple task when one's hair is twisted into intricate designs.

For those that are unaware of how to perform a "fancier" braid, the messy one is perfect. If you’re trying something new, the lose hairs that fall out won't cause any issues and you’re leaning towards rocking the messy braid anyways.

Trendsetter Kim Kardashian seems like she can conquer anything the day brings her while her hair is in French braids. Sister, Khloe Kardashian, is a huge fan of the boxer braids as well and makes us want to throw our hair back and rock the slicked back look.

Maybe it was the crazy adoration of Katniss Everdeen and her easy and fierce braid that made braids appear everywhere again after the popular movie “The Hunger Games” was released. 

The French braid falling to the side is effortless and classic. you can’t go wrong with this look. Her original French braid actually transformed into a fishtail braid for the second movie which is a more intricate and involve braid. 

There is an advantage to those times when you’re running late and your hair is looking a little greasy. Braids actually function best when it hasn’t been washed in a day or two. The natural oils of your hair doesn’t make it as easy to keep your braids in tact. This is important because texture is key when braiding.

We thought pigtail braids were limited to our childhood, but they’re back and the stylish celebrity, Kylie Jenner sports them daily. These cute braids are perfect for lazy days and work best with damp hair. You can leave them in for a few days and they’ll stay out of your way no matter what you do, whether it be working out or going out. 

Share and discuss “All twisted up: Braiding is back” on social media.